Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ultrasound update

We had our 18 week ultrasound for this past Tuesday.

Everything went really well and the doctor said that Carson's little sis looked very normal. We were excited to see that our little girl was very healthy. Her heartbeat was 149 bpm and she weighs about 8 oz. right now. One thing is for sure....this little girl cannot be told what to do.

She has a mind of her own....already!

During the ultrasound, she was absolutely 100% uncooperative for the technician trying to take all of her measurements. She was curled up in a ball and wouldn't move, despite my drinking juice and jumping all around. Then she sat in my pelvis so that no one could verify her gender for 30 minutes. Finally, she budged and gave a wave, just enough for the doctor to verify that she is definitely a girl. As if we didn't know by her behavior! She is already a diva.

The other fun part of my appointment was that my perinatologist's office, in its new location, now has a SPA FOR PREGNANT PEOPLE attached to it. My awesome doctor granted me a free foot massage after my appointment. Holy smokes! What could possibly be better?! Jason is now wondering how much money per month we will be donating to this place. My next appointment is Monday with my OB and then not for another 4 weeks.

Next Tuesday, Carson and I are off to Chicago for a week.

We are flying from Vegas to Chicago with my good friend Sandy and her two year old twins, Michael and Nicholas.Since all Carson seems to want to do these days is walk, it should make for a fun 3.5 hours.Luckily I will have the baby tylenol and the free drink coupons from Southwest Airlines on hand to give to the poor people sitting around us.


1 comment:

Barb said...

Hopefully Baby McDonald and Baby Noah will be of great interest on the flight. He'll be an angel, he ALWAYS is!!

Love and miss you guys so much!!