Wednesday, December 12, 2007

It's a...........................

BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are so excited!! The gender check ultrasound was amazing. We went in and the sonographer showed us Baby Smitty and the heartbeat. Then she zoomed in on our sweet baby. Baby Smitty's first instinct was to give us the Heisman, put his hands behind his head, do some sit ups, and then sit Indian style for awhile with the umbilical cord between his legs so that we couldn't see a darn thing. I had to keep moving from side to side to get him to change position. Finally he gave us a few peeks and we were able to see his manly parts.
I have to say I was pretty shocked. I thought it was a girl all along. It seems that I can guess the sex of everyone else's baby but my own!
Being there was like watching someone else's baby move around on a huge 100 inch screen.....except it wasn't someone else's, it was ours! That doesn't really make sense but that's how it was for me! We were both completely amazed by the quality of the 3D pictures. I will scan them and hopefully they will reproduce on the blog.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Congrats, Congrats, Congrats! I am so excited for you! I love the pictures! He's a cutie :)

Granpa Smitty said...

I told you SO! We are so happy for both of you. It would have been so nice to have another girl to spoil(sorry Barb and Jen), but having a big brother to lead the way for the future Princess is way cool. Right Jen? All hail "C.D. Smitty"