Monday, July 14, 2008

10 Week Busy Body

Have you ever heard of a baby that won't sleep during the day?
All I had heard was that babies ate, slept, and pooped.

During daylight hours, Carson just eats and poops, and then eats again.

This little Curious George of ours has serious disdain for napping during the day. Unless, of course, he is in his stroller. He will sleep for hours on end while out somewhere in the carseat and stroller. Otherwise, there is so much for him to look at that he has little interest in closing those baby blue eyes.

Yesterday, my mom and I spent an hour and a half trying to get this little guy to sleep in his crib.

A nice daytime siesta was all we were asking for!

After a tight swaddle, a binky, and a blanket on his head, all we got was a wide-awake baby that looked like Chief Illiniwek.

Suggestions are welcome from anyone who has expertise in making wide-awake, curious, smarty pants babies take daytime naps!










2 comments:

Kellie said...

I don't have any solutions to the napping issue, but I can relate. Parker went through the same thing, but finally grew out of it and now he takes naps like a champ. For a while there though, we were not sure...

Nat said...

I so relate Courtney! My Aiden was a crappy napper from the day he was born and it didn't improve much! It would take me forever to get him to sleep and he'd sleep for 30minutes, it was not even worth the effort! To this day he is not a daytime sleeper, even in the car. He will stay awake from LV to SLC, that is 6 hours! But baby #2 has been much better! And I think it has a lot to do with routine and consistency. That is my only advice!