Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Liang and Shawn - finally #1!

Spoiler alert! My old coach Liang and his little studly gymnast, Shawn, finally got their gold today on the balance beam. How sweet!!! It is so amazing to see Liang at the Olympics...he totally deserves all of his success.
Since this is a blog....a couple of opinions.
1) The new scoring system in gymnastics is crap! No one who falls (i.e. Cheng Fei of China on vault) should be on the medal stand over someone who doesn't. It doesn't make sense.
2) If the Chinese gymnasts are 16, then I am 21. Come on people!
All of that aside, the American gymnasts are simply the bomb. Watching them made me so proud of where American gymnastics has gone...they have taken it to new heights.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Court!
I agree w/your gymnastics opinions...you are the expert, but even us lay people have been yelling at the tv w/the same opinions! Looks like the fam is doing as well as ever!! Hope to see ya all soon :)
xoxo
Melissa

Kath said...

I loved watching Shawn and Nastia...they were awesome! I also totally agree with you on the scoring system...that was RIDICULOUS. Not to mention that the Chinese gymnasts looked the same age as Savi - 8! Certainly not 16! Thankfully we were able to triumph regardless! How cool that he was your coach? I still want to see you tumble! I know you still have it in ya!