Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Does this make my butt look big?



As of yesterday, Carson is the proud owner of a cloth diaper.
Yes, I said it. A cloth diaper!
I ordered one for him.....notice I said ONE....just to see how it would work. One of the moms in my mom's group recommended the "Bum Genius" type to me and said that she really likes using it. Now, I never pictured myself to be the cloth diapering, homemade baby food making, breastfeeding until after 6 months type of mother. But alas, here I am, doing all three.
The funniest thing about Carson's cloth diaper is that it makes his butt look massive (see above).
Let it also be known that Jason thinks I am utterly crazy for even ordering a cloth diaper.
There is a very good chance that I am.
On a side note....you can see Carson's mullet in the picture above. Carson was born with all of this crazy brown baby hair all over his head. Over the last 6 months, it has receded into this perfectly shaped, 80's style baby mullet that refuses to go away. I can't bring myself to cut it. It is Carson's style....the way he was intended! There is a good chance that in Carson's lifetime, the mullet will resurface as high fashion. But for now....we have a baby with a stylin' mullet that wants to stay the course. We will be sure to show it to his future prom dates.
The weather is perfect here right now. Above is Carson pictured in his stroller....our favorite thing to do right now is to get out and walk in the mid-70's and sunny weather! We have some visitors coming to see us this weekend - Grandma Barbie and Grandpa Dave arrive on Friday night and the Hurricane himself, Grandpa Dennis, blows into town on Sunday. Should be a fun week before Thanksgiving!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Courtney--I think this is probably your funniest entry yet! Mullets and massive bums-two things only a mom would love. Don't worry..Elizabeth is currently sporting the same mullet!!
I sure miss you :)
Megan

Deana Bickler said...

You may have to change his name to Hugh Jass (say it fast) with that diaper on!!