Tuesday, January 6, 2009

There he is....Carson David....

Carson has debuted some new tricks this week.
He waves "hi" to everyone wherever we go....to all the people in line at the post office...the checkout lady at Target....to his dad when he first sees him in the morning....He loves to wave and even opens and closes his hand for emphasis. It is super cute.
Other exciting tricks include....
Crawling to the edge of our carpet and pulling it up for an inspection, each time trying to eat the edge of our area rug. Gross!


Carson is also too cool to wear a bib. He pulls off every single bib we put on him. If I put on a stern face and say "no" when he does it, he flashes a mischevious grin.

Carson also dances in his baby Einstein. When the classics come on, his legs start to move like nobody's business. He's not afraid to shake his groove thing.....wonder where he gets that?!?!



He is also eating some new foods, including bits of kiwi, grapes, and egg yolk omelets. We also tried tofu after reading up on how it is such a great source of protein. But Carson thought it was so nasty, he practically gagged when I put the smallest piece into his mouth. I can't say I blame him. We also decided to stop nursing this week. It was such a tough decision, because I loved nursing and the experience was awesome for both of us. But in the last month, nursing Carson has become a bit like trying to nurse a baboon.
He was all over the place.
So we've made the switch to formula and I can't say that he seems to care one way or the other. I am definitely more sad about it than he is!









4 comments:

Barb said...

Sounds like Carson is getting to be a real stinker (sounds like someone else I know and love!) So asparagus and tofu are off the menu for our boy! Can't say I blame him with the tofu! ewwwww! I can't wait to see all his new tricks! He is getting to be SUCH a big boy! LOVE LOVE LOVE our little Hawkeye - those pics are GREAT!
I love and miss you all!
GB

Anonymous said...

Claire hates her bib too! Grr!

Huebsch Family said...

Hi!
Here's my two cents on the bib. They have these bibs (there almost towel material) at Target that slip over the head and have no velcro. The are a lot tougher to get off! Have you tried Smart Dogs yet. They were our go to tofu hot dogs. Zack will still eat them. They smell totally gross, but kids seem to dig them. Also, the nice thing is they don't have many yucky preservatives and no casing to peal off. There's all my motherly advice - bibs and hot dogs (wow).

Kath said...

It is always harder for the mommy to give up nursing, I think! It just goes by too fast, and to me, it seemed like one of those signs that they were growing up! But, in many ways, it is very convenient to have everyone else be able to feed him, too. He is so cute.