Tuesday, May 19, 2009

GIRL POWER



We had our 3D "gender check" ultrasound tonight.

I have to say that finding out the sex of one's baby is one of the most exciting days of one's life. For all of those who choose not to find out....I'm sure it is just as wonderful in that moment. But finding out so early, and being able to call the baby a "him" or a "her" throughout the pregnancy makes it so personal and fun.

Tonight we found out that we are having a......

GIRL GIRL GIRL!!!!

Our ultrasound tech....Maria, the goddess of all ultrasounds....immediately said that she knew the sex of the baby after having the baby on the screen for .2 seconds. Immediately we all thought it must be a boy.

She tortured us for a few minutes while she got a better picture of the baby on the screen.

And then...the big reveal....It is definitely 100% girl.

It is completely and utterly amazing.

I admit to a moment of panic when I first found out. Visions of make-up and boys calling the house and high school mean girl drama circled in my head.

Not to mention Jason said that he sprouted 4 gray hairs just imagining himself having a daughter.

But then.....the tutus.....the Paris-themed nursery....the little pink ruffles...the shopping trips and manicures....the Barbies and My Little Ponies.....

Being able to nurture a baby girl to grow up to be a strong, confident young woman with the skills to spread her wings anywhere....

Oh yes.....this is how it's meant to be.

We are so blessed and excited....Carson is going to be the BEST big brother to a little sister.

Unfortunately, between Jason and Carson....the boys all have no chance.

What a truly amazing day!
Now we need to work on a name. We are clueless. Luckily we have some time.

8 comments:

longinwaiting said...

Congrats!! I found out at 14 weeks, 5 days that I am having my THIRD girl! :) Girls are fun!

~Angie (and Emily)

Unknown said...

YAY!!!!! I'm fairly certain I am going to go broke because of this new development, but it'll all be worth it :) I plan on giving Suri Cruise a run for her money in the best wardrobe department, nothing but the best for my FIRST NIECE! I just hope Jason can handle this....

Kellie said...

Oh man! So exciting!!

Wendie said...

Ooooh! I'm so excited for you! One of each.

Unknown said...

YEAH!! Court--you definitely needed a girl!! I am so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anne and David said...

I KNEW IT!!! We just have too much in common...I love it! Congrats Court! I'm so happy that we both got what we wanted! One of each! How perfect! Carson is going to be a fantastic BIG brother!!!

Barb said...

Thank you Courtney and Jason for allowing us to be with you for the 3D ultrasound. As Carson sat on my lap shoving mild cheddar lil' crunchies into his mouth and clueless as to what was going on, I was convinced that he will be THE BEST big brother to this little princess! We are SO happy and SO BLESSED!! We love you all so very much!

Nanababa and Papa :-)

Unknown said...

CONGRATS!!