Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Just pull up a seat!

Carson is busy enjoying how grown-up he is becoming.
He has discovered that he can sit at our kitchen table like the rest of us.
Once and awhile, during the day, he will just pull up a chair and sit at the table. Just for fun.
Yesterday, we were strolling through the grocery store....And I looked away for a second....
only to look back and find Carson
EATING A RAW BRUSSEL SPROUT.
We took it up to the counter and confessed to the check-out lady.
She told us not to worry....We kept the innocent victim that was the brussel sprout
and took it home as a souvenier.
We will add it to the list of bizarre things he has eaten or attempted to eat, such as dirt, rocks, gravel, charcoal from our chimnea, and a rusty nail.
He also eats green beans and asparagus with abandon!
Looks like "picky eater" is not one of the phrases that describe our boy.
In fact, we may someday find him on the Travel Channel
hosting one of those "Bizarre Foods" shows.
In other news, I have been amused lately by the reactions of others when I tell them that we are having babies that will be 18 months apart.
I have noticed almost all of the reactions involve eye-widening and a phrase like "Wow, you're brave!" or "Good luck with that!" Some of these reactions also involve a gasp of shock.
In the end, I agree that it might all be a little bit crazy....but we are lucky as all heck to be expecting a little girl and I am so proud of it...I enjoy laughing at those who act like I am the Octo-Mom when I tell them that our kids will be so close in age.
But will we be laughing on Election Day when our baby is born?? Probably not.
But I still feel like we won the lottery again!

3 comments:

Barb said...

He is growing up TOO FAST!!! Love and miss you guys SO much!!! Lots of hugs and kisses!

silly stille said...

I just love your wit and how much you remind me that I love parenting (even though it is hard work!). Don't worry, you're not octo-mom, you're the bomb!

Deana Bickler said...

Umm yeah. I am familiar with that reaction. When people found out we were having twins I got the same
"good luck with that" vibe from people.
Hey, if I can do it without pulling out all of my hair, then you can most definitely do it! Jackson and Alex can't wait to meet Carson and their new girlfriend Samantha. Little do they know I am arranging their marriage :)

Miss you guys!

D