Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summer!

Samantha's face below means that she must have seen a recent weather forecast for Vegas.
WHAT?!?!?!
The thermostat has hit 105+ so it is HOT HOT HOT.
It means more time indoors for the time being but also more freeze pops in the backyard, more swimming, and more excuses to get Yogurtland every night.

It's been a busy few weeks here in the Smith house.
I recently decided to try going back to work part time as an experiment.
An opportunity was presented to me and I decided to take it.
So far, it's working out great. Our sitter, Annette, who has been watching our kids for us since Carson was about three months old, is able to watch the kids while I go to work two afternoons per week. I have already gone two days this week and so far, it is fun to get out a little bit, use my skills, earn some extra money, and come home to two sunshiney faces.
So far, so good.
The kids are growing and changing daily.
Carson's little mind is taking everything in and spitting it all back out.
He is doing great on the potty, has moved to the next level in swimming lessons, and has 100 different phrases every day that make us laugh.
Samantha is eating new foods (scrambled eggs! puffs! grapes!), loves to scream like a wild bird, taps her hands on her legs like she is making a beat, and recently has become enamoured with my eyelashes. She is not crawling, but she is rolling everywhere and loves to stand up.
I know her mobility is upon us but I am not ready to face it.
I hope she continues to stay put for awhile yet!
So amidst all of these changes, we are having a great month at the Smith house.
We are getting ready for a fun July. My mom is coming to visit for the entire month and my sisters Annon and Felecia are coming for a week. We will also be visited by Baba, Papa, and Auntie Nee, the Bicklers and their boys, and Jason's law school (*hooligans*) friends at different points in the month. It's going to be a busy and fun July....we're ready!

2 comments:

Barb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barb said...

Yogurtland every night makes me JEALOUS!!!!!! That face makes me laugh! SO funny!!

I love and miss you guys MUCH!!!