Thursday, January 31, 2008

Doctor's Appointment Update

Carson had another doctor's appointment this morning. We listened to his heartbeat and it was strong at 149 bpm. We were all laughing because when the doctor had the doppler on, Carson was moving (shocking) and every movement sounded like a "bleep" on the doppler. The bleep reminded me of the sound they play when they bleep out swear words on TV shows. So his heartbeat sounded like this..."Thump thump thump thump BLEEP thump BLEEP thump thump BLEEP"....It was pretty hilarious. I go back on 2/20/08 for another visit and the screening for gestational diabetes. From what I hear, it involves me drinking some gross liquid and then waiting for an hour. Sounds fun!
I was also pleased to learn that I have only gained 8 pounds so far. We'll hope that keeps up despite excessive consumption of food items like jelly beans and Funfetti cupcakes (which I swear jumped into my cart at the grocery store yesterday with no warning).

Our next ultrasound is tomorrow. I will post pictures if we get any good ones!

1 comment:

Kath said...

I can't believe how cute you are! I am so excited about little Carson and how well he is doing. I had tons of fun after Miss America last weekend. Let's get together again soon!