Monday, January 14, 2008

Pregnancy = Not For Sissies

This week we did quite a bit more shopping to prepare the nursery. Carson is now the proud owner of a crib, changing table, and tall dresser, as well as a glider for (hopefully) putting him to sleep and feeding him at night. We still have some room arranging to do before we can put these items in his room, so it will be awhile yet before we have everything set up. But with 125 days to go before he's here (or sooner), things are moving at a good pace.
In other developments, this last week I began to inject myself with blood thinners per the recommendation of my doctor. Long story short, I am heterozygous for Factor V Leiden, a blood clotting disorder which causes blood clots to form more quickly. I inherited one dominant gene of this disorder from one of my parents....we'll blame my dad since he gets the blame for most things :-).......In rare cases a blood clot can form in the placenta and cause growth problems or late term loss. Since we have no interest in either of those things, we decided the injections were a good idea. Luckily bikini season is a way off, because they do cause bruising on my belly which is rather unsightly. But I would walk around in a polka dotted bunny costume for the rest of the pregnancy if it ensured a good blood supply for Carson. So on we go!

No comments: