Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Blog Slacker!

I have received numerous complaints about my being a blog slacker this week. I am so guilty. My bump picture will be posted later tonight...I promise, it won't disappoint! I got sick this weekend with some nasty cold/cough combo which has put me down for the count. Work is so busy and so I haven't been able to take any time off to be sick. These Las Vegans with hearing loss are relentless! Since I have sleeping issues to begin with, this has not been good! But I am making it through. Luckily I have Jason to take such good care of me!
Two things that happened today:
1) A pharmaceutical rep at our office today said the following:
"When are you due? Tomorrow????" Ha ha ha. What a funny man. This dude was asking for it. I wanted to say something like "Your mom must have been due recently because it's clear you were BORN YESTERDAY!" Pointing out one's bigness in a professional setting is a major faux pas. Lucky for him, I am enjoying my newfound voluptuousness and didn't take offense.
2) I learned today that my much trusted OB doctor, Dr. Jason Pollock, who has been with us through thick and thin, is scheduled to be ON VACATION in ITALY from May 8th to the 20th. Not just ON VACATION.......but in ITALY nonetheless! Rub salt in the wound! Put a dagger in my heart! Chances are good that while I labor away in a hospital room down the street, my friend Dr. Pollock will be sipping vino on the shores of the Mediterranean....or eating gelato while relaxing near a famous piazza....or shopping in Milano with his wife. I'm not bitter because the man deserves a vacation as much as anyone. But during Carson's big moment??
He said that if we really want him to be present, we can discuss doing an induction prior to his leaving. We have to think about this one. The baby would be 38.5 weeks at that time. But we would need to do an amnio to check for lung development, and having an induction would increase my risk for a C-section and increase Carson's risk for things like poor feeding and jaundice.
I can easily see one of his partners if we decide not to do this. I am more likely to let things happen their natural way, although it would be nice to have my doctor who knows my history take care of us during the big moment.
Bump picture to come.

1 comment:

Kath said...

Oh man! That stinks. 38.5 is pretty good though...he should be fine. Port was 38 weeks and did great in all areas...Can't wait to see the little guy. I'm sure whatever you decide will work out perfectly! We love you guys.