Tuesday, April 29, 2008

37 Week Drama King

A short blog about recent happenings......
On Friday the 25th, I went for a routine doctor's appt where I had to do fetal monitoring. During my monitoring appointment, apparently I had a LONG contraction and baby Carson's heartbeat dropped during this time. The doctors admitted me to the hospital for continued monitoring. He has had a couple of similar epoisodes since then, but each time recovers from it beautifully. He is a healthy, strong little boy! This has left me in the hospital since Friday and I will be staying here for monitoring until we have his planned C-section on Friday 5/2/08! I am so excited for Friday to be here....I cannot believe that we have our baby's birthday all planned out. Basically, the doctors believe that a C-section will be better for him since we already know that contractions stress him out. I happen to think that our son just has a thirt for drama and wants to make things interesting for us in the days before his arrival! All in all, I am so happy to be here in the hospital because he is being monitored so closely and he can't pull any fancy tricks in front of these doctors and nurses. Last Friday, Carson had a perfect ultrasound and looks amazing according to our perinatologist. So we are all set to have this little boy and have him be as healthy as he can be! Whatever we need to do to make that happen is what we will do!
Thanks to everyone for calls and support - we will have some updates coming later in the week. Happy birthday to Carson on 5/2/08!!
Also, everyone who knows Jason should wish him a HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY tomorrow, April 30th. Looks like baby Carson will be just shy of a 30th birthday present to his beloved dad!

7 comments:

Miller Brothers said...

Courtney and Jason-

I have been lurking on this blog through your whole pregnancy...I saw it on Baby Center....I was a May mommy too (we had JD Miller on April 24th) Good Luck on Friday...I will be thinking about you both...I know all will go smoothly!

Lisa Tofanelli Miller

Huebsch Family said...

Good luck to you all on Friday! We are so excited for you. Can't wait to see pictures of baby Carson.
Love,
Jill

Unknown said...

So much for Carson and I being birthday buddies!! I CANNOT wait for Friday to get here :) I will be on that plane tomorrow night--so tell him to hold off, and no funny business before Aunt Jenny gets there!!!

silly stille said...

Happpy 30th Jason!! Wow, I'm pretty emotional reading about this- can't believe he has been such a stinker! Carson- you be good! I'm sure things will go perfectly and I can't wait to see pictures of the little stud. Court-your attitude and beauty during this pregnancy have been unsurpased! Best of luck to the growing Smith Family!!!

Kath said...

Court-We love you and I am soooo excited to meet baby Carson! Please keep us posted...I would love to pay him a little visit when you are feeling up to it!

Nat said...

Good luck tomorrow guys! I hope all goes well and little Carson arrives safe and sound, can't wait to meet him!

Marina Campbellina said...

Just researching 12-week bumps (I am at that point with my first baby!) and found your blog - if I read it correctly, your going in today for your C-section... Best of luck to you all!!! [I'm so grateful to find other women's stories on the web - I have so many questions about everything :) ]

Good luck today!
Marina & Mark