Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Coming home - A Smith Family at last!

Above: Ready to go home in my outfit from Grandma Caryn and my Chuch Taylors from my Great Uncle Mike!

Thankfully, Carson and I were both doing well and our respective doctors decided to send us home on Sunday afternoon. Needless to say, after 9 days in the hospital, I was so ready to go home!
Our first few days home have been great. Carson is so much fun and we are loving our routine (which is about as far from a "routine" as possible!). We gave him our first bath today, which he totally hated. He cried bloody murder throughout the whole thing (maybe because he was chilly), but he made his mark by more than just screaming because he decided that the short walk from the changing table to the bath locale was the perfect time to pee all over Jason and the floor!

Carson is a great baby. He is a pheomenal cuddler and loves his "sunbathing" time with Daddy -- his doctors (his pediatrician AND Auntie Sarah) told us that a few minutes of indirect sunlight each day would help with any possible jaundice. Daddy is also in charge of tummy time, or as he calls it, "individual workouts", to develop Carson's back and neck muscles. He is already able to hold his head up for a few seconds.

All we can say is parenting is so much better than anything we could have ever imagined. Here are some more pictures of our precious little bubba.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww, I love you guys!! I SO wish I could be back in Vegas right now, Carson and I could totally sunbathe together ;) I miss you guys so much, the 11 day countdown is on....

Kath said...

He is so adorable! And Court...you look amazing! Seriously! Glad you are home. Can't wait to see him (and you, of course.)

Jason Pero said...

Congrats to you both! Carson looks gangsta in those baby Chuck Taylors!