Sunday, March 30, 2008

33 Week update

This random picture of pentunias is for my Mom. She wanted to see the flowers that she planted for us when she was here. I think she wants to make sure that they are still alive. They are! I do not typically have the Bieganowski-green-thumb syndrome, where every plant touched by a member of my mom's family turns into a lush, green, massive and beautiful living thing that takes over whatever room it happens to be in. These flowers are doing pretty well under my care, however. It's good to work on plants now - before long I will be responsible for keeping a baby alive!




Jason and his best buddy Isaiah hung out today. Isaiah got tired while watching the Kansas/Davidson game with his godpappa. He fell asleep on Jason's chest, clutching his stuffed basketball all the while.



Pictured below is Carson's room in its finished form.
We love the way it turned out. The glider was delivered on Saturday. Jason added to his handy feats by hanging that valance last weekend. Now we are all set for our little guy's arrival!
We're already imagining parties in Carson's room at 2 AM!




Some other fun pictures to share...
We went to a very fun birthday party this weekend for our little baby friends Michael and Nicholas Kouchoukos. Good friends Sandy and Rob gave their little men a fabulous first birthday party. Here are some pics of Jason with the little guests of honor.


Above - Jason and Nicholas hang out on the patio.


Michael is contemplating his first year of life.

In other notes, we went to the doctor last Friday for another ultrasound. Carson's growth is right on track. He is in the 58th percentile for growth and weighs right about 5 lbs right now. It was so fun to see him again! We will see him one more time before his arrival at another ultrasound at 36 weeks. I also scheduled about 500 more doctors appointments. I am beginning to do twice weekly fetal monitoring for my blood clotting issue in addition to regular OB appointments. The monitoring measures Carson's heartbeat and looks for accelerations in the heartbeat over a 20 minute period. It also looks for whether or not I am having any contractions. I did this for the first time on Friday and found it to be a quite pleasant 20 minutes of sitting in a soft recliner, watching TV, and listening to his heartbeat, which sounds much like galloping horses.


Carson continues to be a huge stinker at night. I am going to the bathroom a record 6+ times per night because of him sitting on my bladder. He continues to kick me constantly starting at about 3 AM and usually going until my alarm goes off at 6:20 AM. This week I found that I am starving at 3 AM or so and have had to make one 3 AM snack run involving a banana and a glass of milk.

All of this is good prep for those 2 AM parties in Carson's room, which Jason and I will both be attending this summer! We can't wait!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Congrats on the petunias.

While it feels like you've been pregnant forever, I have to say, it's surprising to think that contractions are now possible! Wow, Carson is going to be here before we know it. Can't wait to meet the little guy. I'm sure he'll enjoy his nursery. :-)

Barb said...

All of the new pictures are GREAT. Carson's nursery is adorable. I am noticing one thing though, what happened to the Los Angeles Lakers mobile?? How can he ever go to sleep without that?? ;) I'm also missing the "bump" picture? Maybe that is yet to come! I look so forward to seeing that each week! I love and miss you all so much! Time is drawing near - So excited!
Give little Carson a love pat from Grandma Barbie!!! Hugs and kisses!