Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A palate like no other...

Carson enjoyed our creative arts activity this afternoon, which was pumpkin carving.
Basically, I took the top off of the pumpkin and dug out the seeds, and I let him play with it.
We all know what happened next, given our sweet boy's history of eating things.
So far, things we've had in our mouth include a rusty nail, potting soil, sand, gravel, a nasty cigarette butt at the park, sidewalk chalk, crayons, markers, and foreign string dug up from the sand at the park. To our credit, he eats asparagus, broccoli, and green beans.
But he also has a fondness for things that are not food.
Today, we added raw pumpkin to our growing list of nasty things that we've attempted to eat.
If you flip on "Fear Factor" 20 years from now, don't be surprised to see our Carson, eating a tarantula or a piece of cow's bowel.
In the meantime, pumpkin carving was fun....he was mostly interested in the gook and putting it...where else? In his mouth!





After his 10th taste of pumpkin, he decided it was disgusting.


I know I am going to catch you-know-what from Aunt Jenny for the fashion faux pas in the pictures above. Yes, ladies and gentleman, we committed the ultimate "fashion don't" this afternoon....Crocs with socks! I promise, Jen...it was all for the sake of convenience!


3 comments:

Barb said...

Carson, YUK, YUK, YUK!!!! No matter what you are doing, you are so dang cute!!! We can't wait to come see you. Baba and Papaaaa love and miss you SO much!!!

Unknown said...

You are lucky that Carson's utter adorableness can make up for the socks & crocs atrocity. And I guess since you are 9 months pregnant I'll accept your "convenience" excuse :) But come on, with Jason as his father, I know the kid has some sweet footwear, let's use it! LOVE YOU!

KmCaCFamilyof5 said...

Carson sounds a lot like Carter... he is an eater too. This is all new to me because neither of my other 2 did this. And, of course, it would be my 3rd one when I have a house full of age inappropriate toys for him to put in his mouth (barbie shoes, polly pockets, legos, marbles... just to name a few of the things I've fished out of his mouth) He's yet to stick a cig butt in his mouth... but he'll go for potting soil, grass, bark chips... anything he can get his hands on.